A diverse range of people and organisations are taking action to deliver on Brighton & Hove's Food Strategy. These case studies capture some of the food work going on across the city. (all are pdf downloads)
These case studies aim to demonstrate our approach to delivering elements of the food strategy (all in pdf).
- How the Primary School Meals service is adding value to Brighton & Hove.
- Brighton & Hove Food Poverty Action Plan - A whole city approach to tackling food poverty.
- Food poverty - How we began our food poverty work by bringing a joined up approach to emergency food.
- Food Procurement Case Study - How Brighton & Hove developed minimum buying standards for City Council catering contracts.
- Harvest project - Our award winning citywide food growing project. A full evaluation of the Harvest project is also available.
- Gardening for health & wellbeing - Evidence from our work helping people to try community gardening in the city.
- Good Food Procurement Group - Success stories from our network of large caterers, helping them buy healthier, more sustainable food.
- Allotment strategy - A community consultation which lead to the development of the city allotment service.
- Planning Advisory Note - Award winning policy to include food growing into new residential developments (coming soon).