Help us Kit out the Kitchen
Many of you will know by now that we’re in a frenzy of fundraising for a new Community Kitchen. Throughout February we will be crowdfunding for this cookery school where everybody can learn to cook, eat and share good food. Working on this project is unbelievably exciting. But we need to keep our feet on the ground.
Even with the fantastic support we’ve had so far, there is no Community Kitchen until we have the funding to fit it out in place. That’s why our Kit Out The Kitchen campaign is so important – we need to raise £20,000 to transform the space we have at Community Base into a state-of-the-art, fully accessible teaching kitchen.
We really need the support of all Food Partnership friends to help us reach the £20,000 target.
One easy way many of you can offer support is by amplifying our message on social media. We love connecting with many of you through Twitter, Facebook and Instagram anyway, but this month it’s going to be really important. Please retweet, like and share us where you can. It will make a massive difference for our fundraising.
Pledge your support
For those who can, please join the crowdfund itself. We have some amazing crowdfunding rewards, including places on cookery courses and free venue hire for organisations. Everybody – no matter how much they give – will be in with the chance to win a place on a cookery course for themselves and a friend. And (we love this one) all supporters will have their name inscribed on a supporting pillar central to the Kitchen.
Get others involved
But we know sometimes it’s more fun to get more involved and bring others along with you. With this in mind we had a bit of a brainstorm in the office for fundraising ideas.
Here’s what we came up with:
- Bake a cake and sell slices to your colleagues, friends and family.
- Get sponsored to dress-up as a vegetable (we have costumes to borrow) for a day at work.
- Throw a dinner party and ask your friends for donations – or turn it into a four-night event and do it ‘Come dine with me’ style.
- Cutting back on the cakes? Pop a pound in the jar every time you succumb to a sugary snack (or a drink, or a cigarette, or a burger – choose your poison)
- Organise a lovely walk in the Downs with your friends and ask them to contribute.
- Undertake a sponsored litter pick in your local park.
- Challenge yourself to a sponsored walk or run.
- Donate items in advance or come along to our Kitchen Swish and kit out your own kitchen
- Have a sponsored competitive wormcharm
If all of our many Food Partnership friends can do one of these then I’m sure we’ll be able to achieve our Kit Out The Kitchen target. (If anyone can do all of them I’m sure we can find an extra special reward for them!)
As long-time supporters of the Food Partnership will know, the Community Kitchen embraces much of what we’re about. Everybody deserves good food and the Community Kitchen will be a place where everybody will be able to find it.
Please help us bring this venture to life.