Family Shape Up and Cook is a fun nutrition and cookery programme for families with children aged between 6-13 who are above their ideal weight.
- A group programme where the whole family learns about healthy eating and nutrition.
- Sessions on fussy eating, portion sizes and sugars.
- Each family can attend an appointment with our Family and Schools Dietitian before the programme starts and once it has finished.
- An opportunity to ask questions and talk through tailored dietary advice.
- Children need to be accompanied by an adult family member.
- Siblings welcome to join in too.
Cookery and activity
- Each week the group will cook and eat healthy, tasty meals made from scratch.
- Try something new each week.
- Friendly activity leaders and an Albion in the Community coach support and encourage children to join in with games and promote physical activity.
- Family activity in a fun and safe environment.
It’s been a great opportunity to spend some time together away from home with my nephew and he loves it. He’s always loved cooking and now we’ve got loads of new recipes to try at home. I wish we could carry on every week.
How do I join?
This project is organised in partnership with;
- Albion in the Community
- Brighton and Hove City Council
- Brighton & Hove Food Partnership