Many activities have been affected by the spread of COVID-19, so we have created this page to provide the most up-to-date information on our policies and practices in the Community Kitchen.
We are open for cookery classes, and taking bookings for:
- in person lessons with some of your favourite chefs
- community cookery lessons
- group bookings and venue hire
And we are pleased to continue our successful programme of online cookery & nutrition webinars.
National government guidelines change as of 19th July, however Brighton & Hove has much higher than average cases as of mid-July 2021, so we are continuing with our safety measures until self isolation rules change on 16th August:
- Significantly reduced class size (typically 6-7 people per class compared to the 12-15 people who used to attend. Bookings are made in groups of no more than 2 people per household. Events are in accordance with Covid-Secure venue guidelines from the Government and have been awarded the ‘Covid-19 Confident’ mark by the AA)
- Minimising and directing all movement around the kitchen and hallway
- Perspex screens installed between each cooking station
- All participants, teachers and volunteers to wear a face covering when moving around the kitchen
- Improved ventilation in the kitchen
- Additional cleaning and hygiene practices before, during and after each class, including regular hand washing and sanitiser available throughout the building
- Food prepared during the class to be packaged and taken away rather than consumed on site
After 16th August we will return to classes of 12-15 people and longer time slots which allow us to sit and eat together at the end of our classes.
Note: If you are Clinically Extremely Vulnerable, current government advice recommends avoiding contact with unvaccinated people. Please note small venues cannot request or guarantee the vaccination status of everyone attending events, so please take this into consideration.
Make sure you sign up to our email newsletters to be the first to know about future classes, whether online or in person. We are keeping our social media accounts (@btnkitchen) updated with cookery tips, recipes and instructional videos, alongside any class announcements.
If you want to support our work, please consider buying a gift voucher.
We really appreciate your support. Please stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you into our space again soon.