Many activities have been affected by the spread of COVID-19, so we have created this page to provide the most up-to-date information on our policies and practices in the Community Kitchen.
New for spring 2021: Outdoor food events at our land in Stanmer Park – cook over an open fire, forage, learn bushcraft skills or just relax under the trees. Contact us to discuss the range of options available.
We are also taking bookings for in person classes from May 2021:
- a range of smaller, in person lessons with some of your favourite chefs
- community cookery lessons for those living on low incomes
And we are pleased to continue our successful programme of online cookery & nutrition webinars.
We have put in place a range of safety measures for all in person lessons including:
- Significantly reduced class size (typically 6-7 people per class compared to the 12-15 people who used to attend. Bookings are made in groups of no more than 2 people per household. Events are in accordance with Covid-Secure venue guidelines from the Government and have been awarded the ‘Covid-19 Confident’ mark by the AA)
- Minimising and directing all movement around the kitchen and hallway
- Perspex screens installed between each cooking station
- All participants, teachers and volunteers to wear a face covering when moving around the kitchen
- Improved ventilation in the kitchen
- Additional cleaning and hygiene practices before, during and after each class, including regular hand washing and sanitiser available throughout the building
- Food prepared during the class to be packaged and taken away rather than consumed on site
Make sure you sign up to our email newsletters to be the first to know about future classes, whether online or in person. We are keeping our social media accounts (@btnkitchen) updated with cookery tips, recipes and instructional videos, alongside any class announcements.
These are difficult times for many organisations in the city, if you want to support our work, please consider buying a gift voucher.
We really appreciate your support. Please stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you into our space again soon.