Tuesday 8 Dec 2020
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Older people are more at risk of a poor diet, and Covid-19 may have increased the risk of undernutrition.
Join our online session for professionals working with older adults living at home in Brighton & Hove, to understand the risk factors of undernutrition, ask the right questions, know how to spot the signs and be able to suggest ideas to help prevent it.
You’ll come away with a better understanding of nutrition for older people, including:
- Why preventing malnutrition/ weight loss is important
- How to use the nutrition wheel to help identify those likely to be at risk
- How to refer older people for specialist advice
- Key messages from the Eating Well as You Age guide
- How to fortify foods (cookery demonstration)
Tickets for this event include:
- professional nutrition tuition
- link to the webinar on Zoom (we will send further details by email if you have not used Zoom before)
- all slides from the class emailed afterwards