Thursday 10 Dec 2020
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
People who are vulnerably housed or homeless are more at risk of a poor diet, and Covid-19 may have increased this risk.
Join our online workshop to learn the basics of a balanced diet, understand and share the key barriers in meeting a healthy diet, find out and share ideas to improve diet when money is tight and facilities are limited, and come together to share local knowledge and collaborative working. For professionals working with people who are vulnerably housed or homeless in Brighton & Hove.
You’ll come away with a better understanding of:
- Why an affordable healthy diet is essential to health
- Key messages from the PHE Eatwell guide
- Barriers to eating well that vulnerably housed people face
- Simple efficient tips to eating better on a budget
- Ideas on how to use ingredients from food banks and emergency parcels
- Other people who work in the same field and a chance to share information and ideas
Tickets for this event include:
- professional nutrition tuition
- link to the webinar on Zoom (we will send further details by email if you have not used Zoom before)
- all slides from the class emailed afterwards