Tuesday 30 Oct 2018 - Tuesday 11 Dec 2018
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
We are now taking applications for a fully funded, 7-week cookery course for people with learning disabilities and their carers to learn about heart health, cooking healthily and undertaking exercise. The course will be delivered 3 times over the year involving some of the following:
- Nutrition, heart health and healthy eating messages with a focus on fruit and veg / salt reduction and healthy breakfasts
- Cooking healthy food together
- Taking home accessible recipes
- Activity sessions – discussing the importance of exercise
- A visit to a garden to pick fresh produce
- Advice about joining a community garden or lunch club
The first course will be run at our new Community Kitchen in Community Base on 113 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XG.
The course will start on Tuesday 30th October and run for 7 consecutive Tuesdays for approximately x 3 hours per session from 9.30 – 12.30pm.
We can accommodate 8 participants and up to 5 carers. It will be run by our cookery leader and supported by volunteers.
COST: Suggested donation of £5 per week, or £35 for 7 weeks. Price includes VAT. Speak to us if cost is a barrier.
Download more information below:
To apply please complete an application form and return by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Brighton & Hove Food Partnership, Brighthelm Centre, North Road, Brighton, BN1 1YD
These courses are made possible thanks to a Heart Research UK and Subway® Healthy Heart Grant.
The Community KitchenQueens RoadBrightonUK
Healthy Heart cookery for adults with learning disabilities
The Community Kitchen, Queens Road, Brighton, UK