Saturday 5 Oct 2019
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Keep kids both happy and healthy with tasty, nutritious lunchbox fillers and after-school snacks; and pick up plenty of tips relevant to adults too.
This practical and informative workshop is led by registered nutritionist Fran Taylor with over 10 years’ experience in public health nutrition. At this session you will:
- Make two healthy snacks – one sweet, one savoury, to pop into a lunchbox, or for fuelling between school and after-school club.
- Learn the basics about how to fuel your growing and active kids.
- Learn how to read labels properly and not be conned by clever marketing – to know what are the best off-the-shelf snacks, because in the real world we don’t have time to make everything.
- Learn how to build a healthy lunchbox, along with some ideas and recipes.
Fran is a strong believer in giving you evidence-based information and hopes to bust a few nutrition myths along the way. She also has two school age children of her own and has made a fair few packed lunches! We have designed this session to be suitable for families to enjoy together or adults attending on their own.
What previous participants said about Fran: “Brilliant teacher and course… Found it really useful to ask questions.” “Leader was very knowledgeable and provided a wealth of information.” “Liked the balance between discussion and cookery.”
Find out more about Fran and the other cooks who teach in the Community Kitchen.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery & nutrition tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- hot drinks throughout the session
- light snacks prepared and eaten during the session
- all recipes & handouts from the class.
Any profits raised from this class support our community cookery activities – where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability. Find out more about how we invest in people, the local community and our wider environment.
Tickets for this event are £29.99 per adult, and £9.99 per child. This class is suitable for adults who wish to attend on their own or with a child (up to two children per adult, for those aged 7+). We have a limited number of tickets available at a concession rate of £14.99 per adult for those who are in receipt of a means-tested benefit. If available, these options will appear in the drop-down when purchasing your ticket. Please note that only one gift voucher or discount code can be used per purchase, click ‘enter promo code’ to submit these details. If you need assistance please contact us.
Autumn Sale: Last spaces available at a discounted rate, adults for only £14.99, use the drop-down to choose this option when purchasing your ticket.
We offer a full refund if you change or cancel your place up to 14 days before your class. If you cancel between seven and 14 days before your class, we offer a 50% refund. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds when a place is cancelled less than seven days before the class is due to take place.Book your place
The Community Kitchen113 Queens RoadBrighton BN1 3XGUK
Healthy snacks and packed lunches with the Brighton Nutritionist – SALE on final spaces
The Community Kitchen, 113 Queens Road, Brighton BN1 3XG, UK