Monday 29 Jul 2019 - Wednesday 7 Aug 2019
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Three mornings with three different menus for the 8-12 year old in your life. These fun, hands-on workshops with experienced cookery teacher and mum Anna Schwarz will bring new skills and a joy for cooking to keen young cooks and newbies alike.
Book one, two days or three days, we have added a second week with the same topics due to high demand:
- Mon 29th July or 5th Aug: We’ll make and roll homemade pasta before creating sauces and fillings for a proper lasagne and a traditional tiramisu
- Tues 30th July or 6th Aug: We’ll play with wraps, from fajitas with homemade guacamole and salsa to rolled ginger snap biscuits
- Wed 31st July or 7th Aug: We’ll create a versatile dough for bread rolls and pizza, then finish by making and shaping tasty chocolate truffles
Skills covered include safe knife use (the bridge and the claw), safe boiling and frying, safe baking (including oven temperature control and timing), kneading, mixing and measuring, and vegetable preparation (please note, this is over all three days and not all the skills skills will be covered in any one day). Anna has been teaching cookery with the Food Partnership for almost ten years, including our sessions in the Community Kitchen for local primary schools.
The above menus are adaptable to most dietary requirements but please note these when booking or contact us to discuss.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- water and soft drinks available throughout the session
- a light meal at our sociable dining table
- all recipes from the class.
Any profits raised from this class support our community cookery activities – where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability.
Tickets for this event are £29.99 per child per session. If booking two siblings onto the same session, the second child can get the £25 “SiblingRate”. Use the drop-down to choose these options when purchasing your ticket.
Most dates are now sold out but we do still have two spaces on Tuesday 6th August and a few more spaces for Wednesday 7th August. Check the book tickets link below for the latest information.
We offer a full refund if you change or cancel your place up to 14 days before your class. If you cancel between seven and 14 days before your class, we offer a 50% refund. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds when a place is cancelled less than seven days before the class is due to take place.Book your place
The Community KitchenQueens RoadBrightonUK
Kids Cooking Club – school holiday sessions with Anna (for 8-12 year olds)
The Community Kitchen, Queens Road, Brighton, UK