Monday 4 Nov 2019 - Monday 2 Dec 2019
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Is it time to pep up your pasta and step up your salads? Do you need a change from the old dependables when entertaining friends and family? Or maybe you just want to stretch your cooking skills and get creative on a Monday evening with others also looking for some fun with food.
Then this five-week course is for you. We’ve gathered some of our favourite cooks to share their top tips each week. We’ll address the most common cooking challenges we hear from friends in the Kitchen and offers solutions in a fun and informal atmosphere.
- Week 1 – Focaccia Platter. Create a surprisingly simple bread that will always impress, alongside a delicious dipping board with pastry chef Charlotte Fuller.
- Week 2 – Spice It Up. Chef Kanthi delivers knife skills and flavour-knowhow as he demonstrates how whole spices can help you max out your meals.
- Week 3 – Sensational Salads, Sides & Soups. Cookery expert Caroline Whiteman gets fresh with veg.
- Week 4 – Food for Friends. Quick and delicious tips for simple entertaining, with a focus on easy but impressive desserts. Led by Charlotte Fuller.
- Week 5 – Designer Leftovers. Get creative in this final session with Caroline, which ends with a lovely celebration meal.
All weeks will have a vegetarian menu, and are vegan-friendly, week 2 will include a meat/ fish option. For any other dietary requirements or allergies please feel free to contact us.
What previous participants said about the leaders’ cookery classes: “Charlotte was a brilliant teacher.” “I learned so much. I’m so impressed with what I made.” “Thank you Caroline for a wonderful evening – great recipes, delicous food and excellent company… I will definitely be cooking these recipes again.” “I enjoyed it – well explained, well demonstrated by Kanthi. Liked the group atmosphere and opportunity to actually do. Will use my knives properly now.”
Find out more about the cooks who teach in the Community Kitchen.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- hot drinks throughout the session
- a light meal at our sociable dining table (you are welcome to bring your own drinks to enjoy with the meal)
- all recipes from the class.
Any profits raised from this class support our community cookery activities– where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability.
Tickets for this event are £149.99 for the series of 5 workshops. We have a very limited number of tickets available at a concession rate of £74.99 for those who are in receipt of a means-tested benefit, under-18s (must be accompanied by an adult), as well as full-time students. Use the drop-down to choose these options when purchasing your ticket.
We offer a full refund if you change or cancel your place up to 14 days before your class. If you cancel between seven and 14 days before your class, we offer a 50% refund. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds when a place is cancelled less than seven days before the class is due to take place.Book your place
The Community KitchenQueens RoadBrightonUK
Monday Supper Party at the Community Kitchen
The Community Kitchen, Queens Road, Brighton, UK