Saturday 20 Jun 2020
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Priya Deshingkar brings the authentic tastes from her youth in Delhi, sharing the cooking techniques and flavour combinations that have evolved over centuries so you can prepare a typical homestyle north Indian meal.
You will typically prepare a menu of:
- Sabzi – Aloo Baingan (potato and aubergine)
- Roti or Paratha bread
- Red chilli chutney
What previous participants on Priya’s classes said: “A very relaxed atmosphere and Priya was great at answering questions… A great way to relieve stress and recharge batteries.” “Fab food and fab teacher.” “Will completely transform my attempts at Indian food.”
Dietary requirements: The menu for this class is vegan/ vegetarian but contains gluten, for any dietary requirements or allergies, please contact us to discuss before booking.
Find out more about Priya and the other cooks who work with the Community Kitchen.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery tuition
- link to the webinar on Zoom (we will send further details in your confirmation email if you have not used Zoom before)
- lists of ingredients and equipment to assemble before the lesson (if you have any trouble sourcing ingredients, Kanthi will discuss substitutions and tweaks to the recipes during the session)
- all recipes from the class emailed out afterwards
Any profits raised from this class support our community activities – ensuring everyone in Brighton & Hove can access and enjoy tasty, healthy food. Find out more about our work.
Tickets for this event are offered on a ‘pay by donation’ basis. We suggest a donation of £20 per session, or £10 if unwaged, and £30 if you are able to ‘pay it forward’ to help us keep these classes accessible to all. Please note we do not typically offer refunds on online events.Book your place