Wednesday 19 Jan 2022
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
In this class, Sophie of SuperDoux vegan catering shares her tried and tested recipes for essential dishes that you will cook again and again. She is passionate about veganising dishes with an emphasis on creativity and understanding flavours and textures.
If you are trying out a vegan diet yourself, or cooking for vegan friends or family, this class will give you the skills you need to improve your repertoire of delicious plant-based meals.
The menu includes:
- Mushroom bolognaise sauce – a hugely versatile dish, packed with flavour and made with your choice of quinoa or sunflower vegan mince, then sprinkled with Sophie’s homemade vegan parmesan
- Traditional English ‘fishcakes’ made with jackfruit – an ingredient that has become popular in recent years but works best if you know how to get the best out of it
- A surprisingly creamy vegan cheese sauce – served with your fishcakes, and which could also be turned into a classic béchamel sauce for cauliflower cheese, lasagne and more
Find out more about Sophie and the other cooks who teach in the Community Kitchen.
Dietary information: The menu for this class is vegan. For any other allergies or dietary requirements, please contact us to discuss before booking.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- hot drinks throughout the session
- a full meal to eat at the end of the session, feel free to bring your own drinks to enjoy with your meal (if you prefer you may package your meal to takeaway, in which case the class would end around half an hour earlier)
- all recipes from the class.
Any profits raised from this class support our community cookery activities – where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability. Find out more about how we invest in people, the local community and our wider environment.
Covid-19, safety & accessibility information
If new restrictions are announced, we will adapt our procedures according to the latest government guidelines and any updates will be sent by email and listed on our website. Our Kitchen space continues to be kept to a very high standard of cleaning and hygiene. The Kitchen also has facilities for disabled access and is easily reached by public transport or car. Find out more.
Tickets for this event are £55, or £100 when booking two tickets at once, click ‘enter promotional code’ and use BRINGAFRIEND to access this. At most classes, food is prepared in pairs, but dishes can be adapted to individual tastes if needed.
We have a limited number of tickets available at a concession rate of £35 for those who are in receipt of a means-tested benefit, under-18s (must be accompanied by an adult), as well as full-time students. If available, these options will appear in the drop-down when purchasing your ticket.
Please note that only one gift voucher or discount code can be used per purchase, click ‘enter promo code’ to submit these details. If you need assistance please contact us.
We are unable to provide refunds except if there is a mistake with the booking and we are notified within 48 hours after booking. In the event of any change in government covid guidelines, we will reschedule classes if necessary and bookings will be valid for the new date or can be transferred to another event.
If you are unable to attend your class for any reason, we encourage you to transfer your booking to a friend who can attend in your place. Please provide us with the new attendee’s details before the class starts by emailing email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.Book your place
The Community KitchenQueens RoadBrightonUK
Vegan Essentials cookery class (in person)
The Community Kitchen, Queens Road, Brighton, UK