Cooking and eating brings people together, and is a unique and memorable activity compared to the usual meals out. Our pricing is also competitive, particularly since hirers can bring their own drinks to enjoy during their event. We love helping people to bring their ideas to life and can provide recipe ideas on request. Just contact us to discuss your ideas.
Our general bookable sessions run Monday to Thursday and daytimes on Friday and Saturday:
- Morning: 8.30am-1.30pm
- Evening: 5pm-10pm
- We sometimes have slots available for booking in the afternoon for a few hours so contact us if you are interested in that option. We can also discuss pricing for full-days or multiple bookings.
Bookings are also available Friday evening, Saturday evening and Sunday all day for an additional fee, typically, £60 per 5-hour session, but please contact us if you wish to discuss.
Our rates for hire are based on the type of organisation. These prices are aimed at people running activities for the public. Sessions typically run for five hours (including any time to setup or clear-up):
- Large voluntary/ community organisation – £225
- Individual / small business/ other (under 5 members of staff) – £275
- Large business/ other – £375
**Please note hiring rates and charges are subject to change, generally from 1 January each year
For small voluntary/ community organisations (under £75K annual turnover) we can offer the following discounted rates – Mornings: £95 / Weekends & evenings: £155
- BYOB: Available for £20 per session.
- Laundry: We have cotton aprons and tea towels available to use if you wish. Laundering costs are £10 per session.
- Kitchen assistant: We can organise a kitchen assistant to support your event for an hourly rate.
Facilities and equipment
The Community Kitchen is fully equipped and spacious with areas for demonstrations, cooking stations and tables for dining/ food preparation. Find out more about the specification and facilities in the Community Kitchen.
Need someone to run cookery activities for you? Have a look at our group activities section for ideas about how we can help you create the perfect event.
Making a booking
All you need to do is:
- Check availability with us
- Fill in a booking form
- Read and agree to our terms and conditions of hire
- Return both documents to us
- Make payment within 14 days of making the booking
On receiving payment your booking will be confirmed. Get in touch with us and we can guide you through it.
Why choose the Community Kitchen?
We want everyone to experience the benefits of cooking and eating together. By paying to use the Community Kitchen, you help other people to attend cookery activities, regardless of finance, confidence or ability, and to make lasting changes to their lives.
To find out more or enquire about pricing options please complete the form below or get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 234810. We offer discounts for community and voluntary organisations to access the space.