Since 2003, we have helped over 10,000 people learn to cook, grow their own food, eat a healthier diet and waste less. Eating is central to life’s celebrations and memories, and our approach is to use this power of food to bring about change. Much of our work benefits vulnerable adults and people experiencing deprivation, isolation, poor health and other life challenges. Our activities makes lasting changes to habits and behaviours which improve lives.
Over the last year, the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership brought our city together to ensure that no one goes hungry at home. Covid-19 exposed many inequalities in our city, and the sad fact is, they’re not going away any time soon. We need to be here for to support local people for a long time to come. If you can, please consider making a donation to our crowdfund campaign which will fund food parcels and healthy meals for people in need. Or set-up a monthly donation via the link below the video.
Set-up a regular donation
- teach a person with learning disabilities to cook independently
- run a therapeutic gardening session for people with mental health difficulties
- distribute recipe & ingredient packs to families on low incomes to help them cook healthy meals together
- ensure people who cannot afford food get the help they need
- match an isolated older person with a meal cooked by a neighbour