The main teaching area of the kitchen has 7 domestic cookery stations (one for a leader and 6 for participants, with space for people to work around both sides of the U-shaped layout – see design below), one of which is height-adjustable/ wheelchair accessible.
Our kitchen was designed by Claire Potter, an interior architect and award-winning designer who specialises in sustainable design to ensure we reduce our environmental impact. The kitchen includes a balance of quality, new kitchen equipment alongside recycled and reused materials. The design prioritises accessibility and flexibility – from specialist accessible cookery equipment to adaptable areas for dining and food preparation.
Up to 12 participants cooking, demonstrations/ dining space for up to 18 people and up to 40 people standing.
Detailed list of facilities:
- 6 x 90cm induction hobs (with 5 rings each)
- 1 x 60cm induction hob (with 5 rings each)
- 4 electric ovens (large, 73L capacity)
- 1 food prep sink
- 1 washing up sink
- 1 hand wash sink (coming soon)
- 1 dishwasher (coming soon)
- 2 small and 1 large refrigerator
- 1 adjustable height worktop (suitable for young / disabled users)
- Space for tea/ coffee/ refreshments
- Extendable dining/ prep table for up to 18 people
- Wifi access
- Branded Community Kitchen/ BHFP aprons
- Cutlery, crockery, glasses etc.
- Full equipment list (contact us for details)