Sunday 12 May 2019
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
This practical and interactive workshop is aimed at runners, cyclists and triathletes who want to go faster for longer. It is run jointly by registered nutritionist and England Athletics running fitness coach Fran Taylor and registered dietitian Hannah Pearman, a keen cyclist who has completed several endurance events and who specialises in supporting people taking life-changing actions.
At this class, you will learn how to prepare a satisfying and balanced, nutrient-dense pre-event meal that will have your body in peak condition for whatever lies ahead. You will also make some on-the-go energy balls and a refreshing rehydration drink for the journey. In addition, Fran and Hannah will help you:
- Learn how to carb load to avoid hitting the wall
- Learn how to hydrate properly.
- Understand the evidence behind fasted training and fat for fuel.
- Identify the foods and supplements that can improve your performance (and those that can’t).
- Find strategies for alleviating an upset stomach.
Fran worked with Dan Lawson in the run-up to his leading Team GB to silver in the European 24-Hour Championships. Let her and Hannah take you that one-step nearer your goal.
Find out more about Fran and the other cooks who teach in the Community Kitchen.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery & nutrition tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- hot drinks throughout the session
- a light meal prepared and eaten during the session
- all recipes from the class.
Any profits raised from this class support our community cookery activities– where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability.
Tickets for this event are £49.99, or £44.99 (per person) when booking two or more tickets at once. We have a limited number of tickets available at a concession rate of £34.99 for those who are in receipt of a means-tested benefit, as well as full-time students. Use the drop-down to choose the discount options when purchasing your ticket.Book your place
The Community Kitchen113 Queens RoadBrighton BN1 3XGUK
Eating for endurance sports: Learn how to fuel better to perform better
The Community Kitchen, 113 Queens Road, Brighton BN1 3XG, UK