Monday 23 Sep 2019 - Monday 21 Oct 2019
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Got a nascent Nadiya or a budding Rahul? This five-part baking skills course will put them on the path to glory (or at the very least, make them extremely popular at home). The course has been devised and will be led by experienced pastry chef and teacher Charlotte Fuller.
- Week One will see the youngsters baking and piping decorative biscuits.
- Week Two, the children will make sweet and savoury scones, choosing flavour combinations and making a cream cheese dip while the scones bake.
- Week Three is cake week – cupcakes, to be precise.
- Week Four will cover bread skills for focaccia and creating pastry for the final week’s creation.
- Finally, Week Five will see the children baking their pastry, making chantilly cream and preparing fruit for an impressive shortcrust pastry tart finale.
This class has been designed for young people aged roughly 9-13 years old, please contact us if you are unsure whether it would be suitable for your child, or if you have any questions about allergies/ dietary requirements.
What previous participants and parents said about Kids Go Bake Off: “My two absolutely LOVED their course. Thank you so much for making them feel so welcome.” “He loved everything!” “My favourite thing to bake was the scones because they were really quick and easy and I enjoyed getting my hands in and mixing it all together.”
Find out more about Charlotte and the other cooks who teach in the Community Kitchen.
Tickets for this series of classes include:
- professional tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- drinks available throughout the session
- baked goods created in the session, boxed to takeaway
- all recipes from the class.
Any profits raised from this class support our community cookery activities – where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability. Find out more about how we invest in people, the local community and our wider environment.
Tickets for this event are £99.99 for the series of 5 workshops, or £84.99 for any additional child when booking siblings. We have a limited number of tickets available at a concession rate of £69.99 for those who are in receipt of a means-tested benefit (use the drop-down to choose this option when purchasing your ticket). If available, these options will appear in the drop-down when purchasing your ticket.
Please note that only one gift voucher or discount code can be used per purchase, click ‘enter promo code’ to submit these details. If you need assistance please contact us.
This event is now SOLD OUT – however you may wish to add yourself to the waiting list below as last minute cancellations can release places. Sign-upto our email list to be the first to hear about new dates for classes.
We offer a full refund if you change or cancel your place up to 14 days before your class. If you cancel between seven and 14 days before your class, we offer a 50% refund. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds when a place is cancelled less than seven days before the class is due to take place.Book your place
The Community Kitchen113 Queens RoadBrighton BN1 3XGUK
Kids Go Bake Off! – SOLD OUT
The Community Kitchen, 113 Queens Road, Brighton BN1 3XG, UK