Monday 23 Sep 2019 - Monday 21 Oct 2019
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Got a nascent Nadiya or a budding Rahul? This five-part baking skills course will put them on the path to glory (or at the very least, make them extremely popular at home). The course has been devised and will be led by experienced pastry chef and teacher Charlotte Fuller.
- Week One will see the youngsters baking and piping decorative biscuits.
- Week Two, the children will make sweet and savoury scones, choosing flavour combinations and making a cream cheese dip while the scones bake.
- Week Three is cake week – cupcakes, to be precise.
- Week Four will cover bread skills for focaccia and creating pastry for the final week’s creation.
- Finally, Week Five will see the children baking their pastry, making chantilly cream and preparing fruit for an impressive shortcrust pastry tart finale.
This class has been designed for young people aged roughly 9-13 years old, please contact us if you are unsure whether it would be suitable for your child.
What previous participants and parents said about Kids Go Bake Off: “My two absolutely LOVED their course. Thank you so much for making them feel so welcome.” “He loved everything!” “My favourite thing to bake was the scones because they were really quick and easy and I enjoyed getting my hands in and mixing it all together.”
Find out more about Charlotte and the other cooks who teach in the Community Kitchen.
Tickets for this series of classes include:
- professional tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- drinks available throughout the session
- baked goods created in the session, boxed to takeaway
- all recipes from the class.
Any profits raised from this class support our community cookery activities– where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability.
Tickets for this event are £99.99 for the series of 5 workshops, or £84.99 for any additional child when booking siblings. We have a limited number of tickets available at a concession rate of £69.99 for those who are in receipt of a means-tested benefit (use the drop-down to choose this option when purchasing your ticket).Book your place
The Community Kitchen113 Queens RoadBrighton BN1 3XGUK
Kids Go Bake Off!
The Community Kitchen, 113 Queens Road, Brighton BN1 3XG, UK