Monday 11 Mar 2019 - Monday 1 Apr 2019
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Got a nascent Nadiya or a budding Rahul? This four-part baking skills course will put them on the path to glory (or at the very least, make them extremely popular at home). The course has been devised and will be led by experienced pastry chef and teacher Charlotte Fuller.
- Week One will see the youngsters baking and decorating biscuits, including making the icing and getting to grips with decorating skills.
- Week Two, the children will make sweet and savoury scones, choosing flavour combinations and making a cream cheese dip while the scones bake.
- Week Three is cake week – cupcakes, to be precise.
- Finally, Week Four will see the children making pastry, whipping cream and preparing fruit for an impressive shortcrust pastry tart finale.
This class has been designed for young people aged roughly 9-12 years old, please contact us if you are unsure whether it would be suitable for your child.
What previous participants said about Charlotte’s patisserie class: “Brilliant – it was my daughter’s Birthday and she loved it! ‘Best Birthday EVER!’ *she now wants to be a pastry chef. Thank you!”
Find out more about Charlotte and the other cooks who teach in the Community Kitchen.
Tickets for this series of classes include:
- professional tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- hot drinks throughout the session
- baked goods created in the session, boxed to takeaway
- all recipes from the class.
Any profits raised from this class support our community cookery activities – where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability.
Tickets for this event are £79.50 for the series of 4 workshops, or £69.50 for any additional child when booking siblings. We have a limited number of tickets available at a concession rate of £49.50 for those who are in receipt of a means-tested benefit (use the drop-down to choose this option when purchasing your ticket).
This event is now SOLD OUT – however you may wish to add yourself to the waiting list below as last minute cancellations can release places. Or sign-up to our email list to be the first to hear about new dates for classes.Book your place
113 Queens RdBrighton BN1 3XGUK
Kids Go Bake Off! – SOLD OUT
113 Queens Rd, Brighton BN1 3XG, UK