Monday 8 Jan 2018
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Universal Credit training for Food Banks
BHCC Welfare Rights team have kindly offered to provide a workshop for staff and volunteers at Food Banks about Universal credit. This is completely free.
DATE: Monday 8th January
TIME: 9:30am – 1pm
LOCATION: Brighton Town Hall
The training will cover:
- What is Universal Credit – what does it replace?
- The time table
- Issues around claiming and managing the claim
- Expectation around claimant commitment and risk of sanctions
- Alternative payments – direct payments for landlords or more frequent payments for vulnerable claimants
- Where can people get help?
- Changes of circumstances and what triggers over existing claimants on legacy benefits over to UC
- Discretionary housing payment/discretionary Council Tax reduction and Discretionary Social Fund
There are 15 places on this course. There are two spaces per organisation at the moment but if you would like more people on from yours just let Helen know their names so she can put them on a waiting list and open it out if she doesn’t fill up the spaces.
If you want to book a place please contact Helen on email@example.com or ring 07850 002596. There are 15 places maximum.
Brighton Town HallBartholomew RoadBrightonUK
Workshop: Universal Credit training for Food Banks – Mon Jan 8th
Brighton Town Hall, Bartholomew Road, Brighton, UK