Thursday 3 Sep 2020
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Older people are more at risk of a poor diet, and Covid-19 may have increased the risk of undernutrition.
Join our online session for professionals to understand the risk factors of undernutrition, ask the right questions, know how to spot the signs and be able to suggest ideas to help prevent it.
You’ll come away with a better understanding of nutrition for older people, including:
- Why preventing malnutrition/ weight loss is important
- How to use the nutrition wheel to help identify those likely to be at risk
- How to refer older people for specialist advice
- Key messages from the Eating Well as You Age guide
- How to fortify foods (cookery demonstration)
Tickets for this event include:
- professional nutrition tuition
- link to the webinar on Zoom (we will send further details by email if you have not used Zoom before)
- all slides from the class emailed afterwards