Monday 21 Jun 2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
People who are vulnerably housed or homeless are more at risk of a poor diet, and Covid-19 may have increased this risk.
Join our cook-a-long workshop at the Community Kitchen to learn the basics of a balanced diet, key barriers to achieving this, ideas to improve diet when money is tight and facilities are limited, and the chance to share local knowledge and work together. You also get to make a delicious soup!
For professionals working with people who are vulnerably housed or homeless in Brighton & Hove.
You’ll come away with a better understanding of:
- Why an affordable healthy diet is essential to health.
- Key messages from the PHE Eatwell guide.
- Barriers to eating well that vulnerably housed people face.
- Simple efficient tips to eating better on a budget.
- Ideas on how to use ingredients from food banks and emergency parcels.
- Other people who work in the same field and a chance to share information and ideas.
Dietary information: This class is suitable for vegetarian diets. For any other allergies or dietary requirements, please contact us to discuss before booking.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional nutrition tuition
- all ingredients and equipment for the recipe cooked during the session
- slides/ recipe information emailed after the class
Covid-19 safety measures
We’ve taken time to develop new procedures and systems to keep participants, volunteers and staff safe, find out more here. For those who have attended our classes in the past, the key changes are that we now ask everyone to wear a face covering when moving around the room, and we are of course keeping to social distancing during the classes.
Tickets for this event are free for professionals working in this sector. This session is funded by Brighton & Hove City Council.
If you are unable to attend the class for any reason, we encourage you to transfer your booking to a colleague who can attend in your place. Please provide us with the new attendee’s details (for the purposes of track & trace) before the class starts by emailing email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.Book your place
The Community KitchenQueens RoadBrightonUK
Eatwell workshop for professionals (in person)
The Community Kitchen, Queens Road, Brighton, UK