Wednesday 31 Mar 2021
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Menopause. Would you like to know more about how your diet and lifestyle can help ease menopausal symptoms?
You’ll find no nutritional fluff and woo in this class – just honest, no-nonsense, evidence-based information that will help you navigate what can be a tricky time.
In this class you will:
- Find out how hormonal changes impact women during menopause.
- Discover the key nutrients needed to boost health and wellbeing through and after the menopause .
- Learn which diet and lifestyle tips can help ease menopausal symptoms… and which are myths that deserve debunking.
- Cook and enjoy some delicious food which supports a healthy menopause.
Menopause and the lead up to it (perimenopause) is a natural hormonal stage for women, but there is no need to suffer. Make a change for the better with this supportive and helpful class!
What previous participants on Fran’s classes said: “It was brilliant. Great demonstrations, well thought-out session.” “Enjoyed cooking my own meal and will try the recipes again. Lovely atmosphere, delicious and nutritious food.” “The course content was interesting, useful and practical.”
Dietary requirements: The menu for this class will include adaptations for vegetarian diets. For any other dietary requirements or allergies, please contact us to discuss before booking.
Find out more about Fran and the other cooks who work with the Community Kitchen.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery & nutrition tuition
- link to the webinar on Zoom (we will send further details in your confirmation email if you have not used Zoom before)
- lists of ingredients and equipment to assemble before the lesson
- all recipes and a handout from the class emailed afterwards
Please note we appreciate that this is prime kitchen time for many with hungry kids, teenagers and partners wanting to use this space. Fran runs this workshop so the first 60 minutes is information and chat – you don’t need to be in the kitchen for this bit. The last 30 minutes is cooking – you can also easily double up ingredients for a family meal. That’s what Fran will be doing.
Any profits raised from cookery webinars support our community activities – ensuring everyone in Brighton & Hove can access and enjoy tasty, healthy food. Your ticket for this class could help us offer a food parcel for a family in need or a cookery lesson for someone living on a low income. Find out more about our work.
Tickets for this online event are offered on a ‘pay by donation’ basis. We suggest a donation of £20 per session, or £10 if unwaged, and £30 if you are able to ‘pay it forward’ to help us keep these classes accessible to all. Please note we do not typically offer refunds on online events.
PLEASE NOTE: The Zoom webinar link, and the lists of ingredients and equipment are available on the ‘ONLINE EVENT PAGE’ – you will receive a link to this in your confirmation email.Book your place