Tuesday 26 May 2020
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Chef Kanthi will share the cooking techniques and flavour combinations that have evolved over centuries so you can prepare a typical homestyle south Indian meal in Brighton.
You will typically prepare a menu of:
- Coconut rice
- Chettinad chicken (or vegetable) curry
- Mint and cucumber raita
What previous participants on Kanthi’s classes said: “Kanthi was a great teacher & the food was amazing!” “Approachable chef/ teacher.” “I have the confidence to give it a go.” “I will definitely make this meal. Picked up some great tips.”
Dietary requirements: The menu for this class is gluten-free and will include a vegetarian / vegan option, for any other dietary requirements or allergies, please contact us to discuss before booking.
Find out more about Kanthi and the other cooks who work with the Community Kitchen.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery tuition
- link to the webinar on Zoom (we will send further details in your confirmation email if you have not used Zoom before)
- lists of ingredients and equipment to assemble before the lesson (if you have any trouble sourcing ingredients, Kanthi will discuss substitutions and tweaks to the recipes during the session)
- all recipes from the class emailed out afterwards
Any profits raised from this class support our community activities – ensuring everyone in Brighton & Hove can access and enjoy tasty, healthy food. Find out more about our work.
Tickets for this event are offered on a ‘pay by donation’ basis. We suggest a donation of £20 per session, or £10 if unwaged, and £30 if you are able to ‘pay it forward’ to help us keep these classes accessible to all. Please note we do not typically offer refunds on online events.Book your place