Tuesday 29 Sep 2020
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Chef Kanthi will share the professional cooking techniques and ingredient combinations that maximise flavour so you can prepare a delicious, classic Vietnamese meal in Brighton.
You will typically prepare a menu of:
- Summer rolls, with nuoc cham dipping sauce
- Pork or tofu lettuce wraps
- Pho noodle soup
What previous participants on Kanthi’s classes said: “Kanthi was a great teacher & the food was amazing!” “Approachable chef/ teacher.” “I have the confidence to give it a go.” “I will definitely make this meal. Picked up some great tips.”
Dietary requirements: The menu for this class is gluten-free and will include a vegetarian / vegan option, for any other dietary requirements or allergies, please contact us to discuss before booking.
Find out more about Kanthi and the other cooks who work with the Community Kitchen.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery tuition
- link to the webinar on Zoom (we will send further details in your confirmation email if you have not used Zoom before)
- lists of ingredients and equipment to assemble before the lesson (See notes below)
- all recipes from the class emailed out afterwards
Any profits raised from this class support our community activities – ensuring everyone in Brighton & Hove can access and enjoy tasty, healthy food. Find out more about our work.
Note on ingredients:
We will supply a full list of ingredients and equipment upon booking. The only slightly unusual ingredients (other than veg/ meat etc) are listed below and should be readily available at your local Asian grocer or online. If you have any trouble sourcing ingredients, Kanthi will discuss substitutions and tweaks to the recipes during the session.
- Palm sugar
- Vietnamese rice paper
- Fish sauce
- Glass thread noodles
- Beef / Chicken / Veg stock – not stock cubes but real stock if possible
- Spices – star anise, cloves, cinnamon and coriander seeds
Tickets for this event are offered on a ‘pay by donation’ basis. We suggest a donation of £20 per session, or £10 if unwaged, and £30 if you are able to ‘pay it forward’ to help us keep these classes accessible to all. Please note we do not typically offer refunds on online events.
PLEASE NOTE: The Zoom webinar link, and the lists of ingredients and equipment are available on the ‘ONLINE EVENT PAGE’ – you will receive a link to this in your confirmation email.Book your place