Saturday 30 May 2020
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Join chef, writer and African food devotee Lerato Umah-Shaylor on a West African adventure featuring wonderful produce and wondrous spices.
Your menu includes:
- Senegalese Yassa stew – be transported to the shores of Senegal by learning to cook this vibrant and zesty dish with caramelised onions, dijon, lemon and fish (or vegetarian / vegan alternative)
- Traditional jollof prepared using healthy British-grown quinoa as an alternative to rice.
The class is great for cooks of all levels, from beginners to experts, leaving you inspired to add African vibrancy into your cooking. Guests are encouraged to use what they have and Lerato will guide you through customising your dish with unique ingredients you may already have at home.
Previous participants said: “Brilliant course! Lerato is a fantastic tutor.” “I will try all of the new recipes, haven’t cooked west African before.”
Dietary requirements: The menu for this class is gluten-free and will include a vegetarian / vegan option, for any other dietary requirements or allergies, please contact us to discuss before booking.
Find out more about Lerato and the other cooks who work with the Community Kitchen.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery tuition
- link to the webinar on Zoom (we will send further details in your confirmation email if you have not used Zoom before)
- lists of ingredients and equipment to assemble before the lesson
- all recipes from the class emailed out afterwards
Any profits raised from this class support our community activities – ensuring everyone in Brighton & Hove can access and enjoy tasty, healthy food. Find out more about our work.
Tickets for this event are offered on a ‘pay by donation’ basis. We suggest a donation of £20 per session, or £10 if unwaged, and £30 if you are able to ‘pay it forward’ to help us keep these classes accessible to all. Please note we do not typically offer refunds on online events.Book your place