The Emergency Food Network is a collaboration of food banks and other organisations providing food to those in need because of food poverty.
The Food Partnership has brought these organisations together to share common problems, learn from each other’s good practice and develop joint solutions.
These meetings have included:
- Mapping food bank & emergency food provision in the city
- Referrals into food banks: how people are referred in and who can refer
- Referrals out of food banks: how people are signposted to advice
- Advice and guidance offered within the food banks and stronger links with other advice services
- Sharing information on increasing demand and how to address this.
Most food banks need a referral you can’t just turn up. Find out how to refer someone to a food bank here.
If you would like to join the Emergency Food Network please email Helen Starr-Keddle on email@example.com.